This program focuses on providing
• Strong conceptual and technical knowledge in management to medical and non-medical professionals
• Cutting-edge inputs in the area of hospital operations, using latest pedagogy, to refine and sharpen skills
• Prepare qualified and efficient administrators to manage hospitals
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• Professionals seeking careers in Healthcare Management
• Executives in Hospitals Management and Healthcare services sector (or)
• Professionals who have completed their education in Medicine, Pharma or Allied sciences, seeking to add management concepts to their knowledge base
Medvarsity, India’s first Medical e-learning venture was established in April 2000, and launched its official online portal www.medvarsity.com in October 2000. It is an initiative by Apollo Hospitals Group, the leader in healthcare in Asia Pacific Region, having the first JCI accredited hospital in India.Medvarsity has already entered into MOUs with four medical colleges and has nearly 25000 medical students and doctors registered on its platform.
Click here to download the detailed program content
PROGRAM STRUCTURE & CONTENTS
(Applicants are advised to go through the Detailed Program Contents at http://bit.ly/pgdhomsdpc)
Quantitative Techniques for Management
Understanding a Healthcare Organization
Marketing Healthcare Services
CRM in Healthcare
Information Technology in Healthcare
Accounting and Financial Management in Healthcare
Planning for Healthcare Service Delivery
Healthcare Operations Management
Healthcare Laws & Medical Ethics
Logistics in Healthcare
Quality Management in Healthcare
Risk and Disaster Management
PROGRAM DESIGN AND DURATION
• Duration: One year
• Frequency: Once a week
• Class Schedule: Wednesday 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm
• Delivery: Through classes at NIIT Imperia Centre for Advanced Learning in your city* using Synchronous Learning Technology platform
In addition, there will be mandatory 6-day hospital modules at Apollo Hospitals during the program
· Evaluation by: Medvarsity
· Evaluation Structure: End module examinations
· Evaluation Mode: Evaluation to be done as an
The final decision on evaluation methods rests with the program faculty and may change without prior intimation. Based on the performance in the assessments, participants are awarded grades (Excellent, Good, Average, Poor) in every module.
Participants with poor grades in not more than two modules will receive a ‘Certificate of Completion’ in Post Graduate Diploma in Healthcare Operations Management. Participants with more than 2 poor grades but fulfilling all other qualifying criteria will receive a ‘Certificate of Participation’. Certificates shall be issued jointly by Apollo Hospitals Education and Research Foundation (AHERF),Medvarsity and NIIT Imperia. Students not fulfilling the attendance criteria or having incomplete grades will not be awarded any certificate.
The Post Graduate Diploma is awarded by Medvarsity and is not recognized by AICTE/UGC or other government bodies.
• Program Directors: Dr P Srinivasa Rao (Head – Operations, Medvarsity Online Ltd) and Dr Himabindu (Manager – Content Development, Medvarsity Online Ltd)
Industry experts will conduct this program. Their profiles will be updated at www.niitimperia.com
FEES AND PAYMENT SCHEDULE
· Program Fee: Rs1,00,000/- inclusive of Service Tax
· The fee above is inclusive of all academic charges, examinations, textbooks, study material
· All fees are non-refundable. Fees can be paid by cash or cheque/demand draft drawn in favour of ‘Medvarsity Online Limited’
#Initial payment will be refunded completely if the applicant is not selected for the program. This does not include the application amount of Rs1000/-.
Initial payment will not be refunded in case of any/all of the following conditions:
• The application is found to be incomplete or inaccurate at any stage of scrutiny
• The applicant is offered a seat for the program and does not join before the date mentioned in the offer letter
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is complete in all respects.The selection offer letter is for a specific batch of a program. Neither the offer for admission nor the initial amount is transferable to any other program or batch.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND SELECTION PROCESS
· Applicants should be working professionals/self-employed (need to produce supporting proof)
· Graduates (10+2+3 or equivalent) in any discipline recognised byUGC/AICTE/DEC/MCI (Degree from foreign Universities and diploma of two year and above considered equivalent to a graduation are accepted)
· Minimum 3 years of work experience (full-time paid employment) postcompletion of graduation as on June 1, 2013 (one year relaxed for MBBS, BAMS, BHMS, BDS, Unani medical degree holders or other allied/paramedical like nursing, auxillary midwifery/Emergency medical technicians healthcare degrees)
Eligible applicants will be selected on the basis of their performance in the personal interview to be conducted by Apollo Medvarsity, together with the assessment of background and motivation (Statement of Purpose-Annexure I of the application form) based on the application form submitted.Selected applicants need to resubmit the latest proof of current employment at the time of registration.
BANK LOAN FACILITY
Up to 90% of the Program Fee can be availed as Customised Education Loan from leading banks to enable the participants to spread the repayment over a period of 36 months. However, the applicant shall be eligible for bank loans as per the concerned bank norms.Neither NIIT Imperia nor the Institute will be held responsible for any delay in disbursement of the bank loan.
|"Initially I was apprehensive as to whether it will cover all the management functions, however I found the program to be very beneficial. Whatever I have learnt in the program can be implemented at my workplace."
- Amit Shrivastava,
AGM, Suzlon Ltd.
|This Program is as per my expectations covering different functions of management. Program design and delivery is excellent
- Ritesh Patel,
Assistant Manager, Tata Motors Ltd.
|Benefitted from the knowledge shared by the professors that provided not only learning, but exposed me to market realities that boosted my self confidence.
- Chetan Verma,
Team Lead, Accenture